About the Institute
The Institute for Economic Studies (IES) was established in April 2013 to support and accelerate cutting-edge economic research activities across the whole Keio campus. For this purpose, the IES acts as a gateway for economic research at Keio University by disseminating economic research results, collecting and sharing useful information and resources for researchers, facilitating active interactions between researchers within Keio, promoting joint research with both domestic and foreign institutions outside Keio, and raising outside funding for economic research.
Major functions of the Institute
- 1 Disseminating results from economic research activities in Keio campus, including the publication of discussion papers.
- 2 Facilitating joint research and researcher exchanges with both foreign and domestic economic research institutions.
- 3 Assisting with research seminars, lectures, conferences, symposiums, and mini-courses on economic research.
- 4 Raising outside funding for economic research and accepting economic research consulting.
- 5 Assisting the expansion of the economic research network at Keio (only for Keio researchers).
- 6 Collecting and promoting the shared usage of economic data for research (only for Keio researchers).
- 7 Collecting and providing any information useful for economic research at Keio (only for Keio researchers).
Managing Board (2013/4/1 to Present)
Eiji Hosoda (Director, Economics), Hiroyuki Ozaki (Vice Director, Economics), Noriko Tsuya(Vice Director, Economics), Yoko Ibuka (Economics), Kozo Kiyota (Keio Economic Observatory),Takahiro Hoshino (Economics), Isamu Yamamoto (Business and Commerce)
A Brief History
- 1 October, 2012The preparatory committee for the Institute for Economic
Studies(IES) was launched in the Faculty of Economics
- 1 April, 2013The Institute for Economic Studies was established
(Director: Professor Naoyuki Yoshino)
- 27 December, 2013Released the IES website
- 1 April, 2014Professor Eiji Hosoda was assigned as a director
- 7 December, 2014Conducted the first Yukichi Fukuzawa Memorial Lecture in
- 1 April, 2015Set up the IES Workshops
- 1 October, 2015IES Institutional Review Board was launched
- 1 July, 2016Research Center for Financial Gerontology was established
- 1 April, 2017Panel Data Research Center was attached to IES
- 15 June, 2017Center for International Economics was established
- 20 July, 2017Center for Research on Equality of Opportunity for Children was
- 24 July, 2017Centre for Finance, Technology and Economics at Keio (FinTEK)
- 1 April, 2018Center for Fiscal and Monetary Policy was established
|Address:||2-15-45 Mita, Research Building #625, Keio University
Minato-ku, Tokyo 108-8345, Japan (Map: Link)