The Institute for Economic Studies (IES) was established in April 2013 to support and accelerate cutting-edge economic research activities across the whole Keio campus. For this purpose, the IES acts as a gateway for economic research at Keio University by disseminating economic research results, collecting and sharing useful information and resources for researchers, facilitating active interactions between researchers within Keio, promoting joint research with both domestic and foreign institutions outside Keio, and raising outside funding for economic research.
Major functions of the Institute
- 1 Disseminating results from economic research activities in Keio campus, including the publication of discussion papers.
- 2 Facilitating joint research and researcher exchanges with both foreign and domestic economic research institutions.
- 3 Assisting with research seminars, lectures, conferences, symposiums, and mini-courses on economic research.
- 4 Raising outside funding for economic research and accepting economic research consulting.
- 5 Assisting the expansion of the economic research network at Keio (only for Keio researchers).
- 6 Collecting and promoting the shared usage of economic data for research (only for Keio researchers).
- 7 Collecting and providing any information useful for economic research at Keio (only for Keio researchers).
A Brief History
|Address:||2-15-45 Mita, Research Building #525, Keio University
Minato-ku, Tokyo 108-8345, Japan (Map: Link)