Introduction to attached center
Research Center for Financial Gerontology (RCFG)
The Research Center for Financial Gerontology focuses on investigating how long life and ageing affects the social economy. Specifically, we aim to:
- (1) Provide an economic analysis of the effects of longevity and ageing on the economic system;
- (2) Facilitate interdisciplinary investigation with other relevant areas of research and advance international research partnerships; and
- (3) Develop and propose solutions to the social and economic problems caused by longevity and ageing.
Panel Data Research Center (PDRC)
The Panel Data Research Center at Keio University (PDRC) is a research and education institution established for the purpose of playing a leading role in the panel data research in Japan. The PDRC aims to contribute to building the foundation of a democratic society by
- (1) Designing the questionnaires to construct panel data for researchers in the fields of each social science subjects, including economics,
- (2) Conducting longitudinal surveys of awareness and behavior of households/firms over a long period of time under cooperation of the survey respondents,
- (3) Analyzing the collected data and making them available for domestic and overseas researchers while maintaining confidentiality of personal information, and
- (4) Enabling high-quality policy discussions supported by reliable data.
Center for International Economics (CIE)
The Center for International Economics resolves issues arising from economic globalization, with an aim to contributing to the building of a society in which all citizens enjoy access to the increased benefits of globalization. In an era of globalization, it is necessary to design and implement economic policies for the purpose of responding to and backing up rapid changes occurring in the economy and society due to the increasing number of international transactions. The Center will place International Economics at the core and work as a creative forum, with the goal of contributing economic policies designed to function in this world of rapid change. Strong emphasis is put upon working together with those of closely related Applied Economics fields, and promoting international collaborative research with foreign institutions.
Center for Research on Equality of Opportunity for Children (CREOC)
The CREOC aims to advance scientific research on how to promote more equal opportunities for all children. The center strengthens the collaboration with the local and national education authorities and with researchers and institutions around the world.
Center for Fiscal and Monetary Policy (CFMP)
The Center for Fiscal and Monetary Policy (CFMP) is a research institution to investigate issues of fiscal and monetary policies theoretically and empirically.
The CFMP aims to propose policies in order to improve our standard of living based on our research. Also the CFMP collaborates with domestic and international researchers and institutions.
Centre for Finance, Technology and Economics at Keio (FinTEK)
The Centre for Finance, Technology and Economics at Keio (FinTEK) is an institution for interdisciplinary research and education in fintech. Our aim is to promote pioneering research using information and communications technology, cryptology, economic theory and data science, and provide policy recommendations as well as empirical evidence on fintech’s social and economic implications. For this purpose, we co-operate with other faculties and graduate schools at Keio as well as research institutions around the world, and work closely with financial institutions, technology companies and start-ups as well as governmental agencies.